When I lent my services to a collegue who was working on a film about 12 years ago, I was introduced to the world of cnc. I remember watching this huge machining centre milling out a slab of mdf and turning it into a fantastic set of gears. I knew that it would have taken me hours to achieve the same thing with traditional power tools. I decided then that I would invest in a cnc router for my own business Oxenham Design. At that time I could turn on a computer, but even to check email seemed like a crazy set of operations. I persevered and learned every piece of relevant software I could get my hands on. I am now fortunate enough to be using Vectric's ASPIRE software, and Techno cnc routers, which has helped us to create some amazing projects, both in part, or in full. I thought that this blog would be a great place to share "behind the scenes" adventures with the software, materials and equipment we use, as well as the projects we build.

Tuesday 9 April 2013

LETTERS...........yay.........


This was my day today! It did give me a chance to hang out outside the shop and chat with all of our neighbors in the warm weather while our Techno did all the work! I l-o-o-o-v-e our CNC.
This was the first out of 5 sheets! I did get them all cleaned up. Jody, along with a new helper named Anna will get them all painted tomorrow! Anna is a new hire for us, and she seems great. Hopefully we'll have lots to keep her busy.

I didn't get anything on the racecar done, but I did toolpath all the files for the t.v. show build that starts tomorrow. I'm hoping the racecar makes better headway tomorrow as well. It leaves on Monday, and I feel like the progress has been halted!

We quoted on some cool kids television commercial stuff today, and I keep hoping that there won't be an NDA with that, or I'll be bust on stuff to write about :)

8)
JWO

No comments:

Post a Comment