When I lent my services to a collegue who was working on a film about 12 years ago, I was introduced to the world of cnc. I remember watching this huge machining centre milling out a slab of mdf and turning it into a fantastic set of gears. I knew that it would have taken me hours to achieve the same thing with traditional power tools. I decided then that I would invest in a cnc router for my own business Oxenham Design. At that time I could turn on a computer, but even to check email seemed like a crazy set of operations. I persevered and learned every piece of relevant software I could get my hands on. I am now fortunate enough to be using Vectric's ASPIRE software, and Techno cnc routers, which has helped us to create some amazing projects, both in part, or in full. I thought that this blog would be a great place to share "behind the scenes" adventures with the software, materials and equipment we use, as well as the projects we build.

Friday 12 April 2013

This drivers got it!

I woke up early this morning to get ready to deliver the letters to the studio.....
But was greeted with some serious freezing rain. This was certainly not part of my plans! So instead of arriving at the studio for 11 am, we didn't leave the house until 11. By then the roads had melted and the drive was pretty easy going.
We dropped the letters off, then headed to Metals Plus to get the material for the show build. Then it was a bunch of other stops before we actually got back to the shop at 7 pm.
I picked up the finished driver sculpt from Karen as well. He looks great!
I quickly cut the steering wheel center portion on our Techno, and glued it into place.
All in all, I'm super happy with it!
I didn't get the clear on anything today, largely due to the time setback from this morning, and I have to pick up some more first thing tomorrow. I probably have enough, but I want to make sure before I start.
So tomorrow will be the clear-coat and driver painting day! If it kills me.....again!
8)
JO





No comments:

Post a Comment